Dalgona Coffee is a beverage made by whipping the equal amounts of instant coffee, sugar, and hot water until creamy and fluffy and then added to the desired milk.
It is thought to have originated in Korea. But not very common, but it was very common during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Dalgona is a Korean sweet, but Dalgona is not used in this coffee. Although this coffee is made with the help of an electric hand mixer or stand-mixer, now most people are making it by hand with a spoon or frock. That’s mean you can easily make this dalgona coffee without mixer or whisk. More on Wikipedia.
It takes very few ingredients to make this coffee. Such as –
- Instant coffee
- Hot water
- Ice cube
Step by step process of Dalgona Coffee
1. First add coffee, sugar, and a small amount of boiling water to a bowl. Now whip it using an electronic hand mixer or stand mixer, until the mixture is light brown and fluffy. This whipping process can take up to 2-3 minutes time to complete.
2. If you do not have an electronic hand mixer or stand mixer, do not worry, because you can make it manually. In that case, you can take the help of a spoon or frock. Whip the mixture by hand until the mixture becomes light brown and fluffy.
3. Taste it, if you think it would be better if it was a little sweeter, add 1 more teaspoon of sugar. Different people prefer different types of coffee, some prefer a little strong coffee and some prefer lighter and sweeter.
4. Now take a glass (tall glass is preferable), and pour the milk of your choice in it. Do not fill the whole glass, 80 percent of milk is enough.
5. Let’s come to the two divisions of this Dalgona coffee, cold coffee and hot coffee. Remember that in the case of cold coffee, just mixing ice cubes in this 80 percent of this milk is enough. But in the case of hot coffee, ice does not require, just go with direct boiling milk.
6. Then for hot coffee just take hot milk or cold coffee first milk and then 2-3 cubes of ice. Add that whipped coffee over the milk with a spoon on top of it.
7. Then you can sprinkle some powdered coffee on top. Now your homemade Dalgona coffee is ready to serve.
Is Dalgona Coffee Sweet?
Yes, Dalgona coffee is sweet. But it does have a mild caffeine flavor that enhances its flavor. Hopefully, you have tried coffee-flavored ice cream, it tastes a bit like that.
Dalgona Coffee Recipe
- Hand Blender
- 2 tbsp Coffee Powder (Instant Coffee)
- 2 tbsp Sugar (Powdered sugar is preffered)
- 2 tbsp Water hot
- 450 ml Milk (I prefer Whole Milk )
- 2-4 cubes Ice optional
- Take a mixing bowl first.
- Add the same quantity, I mean 2 tbsp of coffee powder, 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of hot water.
- Then use an electronic hand blender to whip the coffee until it become fluffy and creamy. [If you need a little sweeter, then add another tbsp of sugar and blend again. But I like strong coffee.]
- Now take glasses and filled 80% of milk. [If you are a sweet lover, then you can add 2 tbsp of sugar again in milk to make this coffee sweeter. But that is totally optional.]
- Add 2-3 cubes of ice in the milk if you want cold coffee. But I do not add ice cubes, because I prefer hot coffee.
- Thereafter add the whipped coffee on top of the milk with the help of a spoon.
- At last, you can sprinkle some powdered coffee on top. It's looking very nice for it.
- So your homemade Dalgona Coffee is ready to serve in less than 5 minutes. Cheers…
Few more Beverages:
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!