Cookies are our all-time favorite and are also very easy to make. Here I am giving a Butter Cookies Recipe that you can make with wheat flour and eggs. Check out the step-by-step recipe with a video guide.
Cookies are perfect as a light meal at any time. I make many kinds of cookies at home and store them. Any cookies can be easily served as a light appetite or with milk in the morning.
Pro Tips for Making Butter Cookies
- The most common mistake we all do when making cookies is to measure accurately. Especially in the case of flour, because if we use it more or less than measured, our cookies may go bad.
- In this recipe, I have shaped the cookies by hand. If you want, you can spread the whole dough evenly and cut it into a shape of your choice by a cookie-cutter.
- Do not use excessive vanilla essence, as excess essence may spoil the taste of your cookies.
- After making the cookie dough, you can leave it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to cool. This process can make your cookies more flavorful. So, I recommend to chill the dough every time when you make any cookie recipe.
What ingredients do you need to make Butter cookies at home?
Don’t fear, You just need 4 key ingredients to make this cookie along with some extra ingredients.
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Valina Essence
- Baking Powder
How to make Butter Cookies with Whole Wheat
- First, you have to beat the Egg yolks. So In a regular bowl, take one egg.
- Thereafter add 1/3 tbsp of Vanilla extract. (Vanilla is preferable, but you can also use any other essence like chocolate or something else.)
- Then add 2 tbsp of Butter. I always recommended using salted butter, but if you don’t have salted butter then you have to add salt separately in the mixture.
- Start beating the mixture with a spatula. [Many people ad butter and sugar at a time and mixed. But it’s not mandatory. Then add the flour]
- Take 200 grams of flour in a bowl. Add 100 grams of powdered sugar.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder. Now mix well with the help of a spatula. You can add a little salt if you want. (Otherwise, there is salt in the butter.)
- Then add the butter & egg mixture in it and start mixing well.
- After that add a little milk and start kneading. Milk helps that mixture bound.
- If you feel the dough becomes very sticky, you can add a little melted butter or olive oil.
- Then wrap the dough in a cellophane paper and let it chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. [This chilling part is very essential for this recipe.]
- Then divide the dough into some equal pieces and arrange them on the baking tray.
- For every baking recipe, we need to preheat the oven. So for this recipe, we also preheat the oven at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Then place the tray in the oven and start baking at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- After the baking is done, take them out from the oven and wait for a few minutes. After that let them cool on a wire rack or grill.
- Then store in an airtight container. You can serve them with milk or tea.
Butter Cookies Recipe | Whole Wheat Cookies with Butter
- 200 grams Whole Wheat
- 100 grams Sugar powdered
- 1/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 20 grams Butter Salted
- 1 nos. Egg
- 1/3 cup Milk
Making Cookies Dough
- First take an egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence, and butter in a bowl and mix them well.
- Now take 200 grams of flour in another bowl.
- Add 100 grams of powdered sugar.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- If you use salted butter, you don't need to add extra salt to the batter.
- But if you don't have salt in your butter, add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix well.
- Now add the egg mixture prepared earlier. Add milk and knead well so that everything mixes well.
- You can add a little olive oil if needed.
- Now leave this dough for 15 minutes.
- Then separate the dough into equal pieces.
- Let get an aluminum foil on the baking tray. Arrange the pieces on it according to your size.
- You need to preheat the oven to 200°C for about 10 minutes.
- Then place the tray inside the oven and start baking at 170°C – 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- Your homemade butter cookies are ready. Now bring it from the oven and cool it in a wire rack.
- Place the cookies in an airtight container after they have reached room temperature.
- Beat the butter and egg separately if you don’t have a hand grinder. Then add together along with flour and mix.
- Also, you can add pure vanilla cream in these cookies. Don’t worry about the buttery flavor, that still exists as same as you want.
- Many people add a little amount of almond extract in this recipe for some extra taste. You can try this little twist.
- I always recommend storing the cookies in a glass made airtight container at room atmosphere or temperature.
- For serving ideas, I have a little different idea. I also love to bite this cookie to dip in chocolate sauce.
You might be like these recipes:
If you like this Butter Cookie Recipe, please share it with your friends on Pinterest and Twitter. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest recipes first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!