Everyone loves cake. So here you can get a very simple basic sponge cake recipe that you can easily make in-home from scratch. There is no rocket science to make a perfectly spongy and fluffy cake at home.
This is a very basic cake that you can serve normally with tea or milk. Also, use this as a base of any occasional cake or birthday cake. There is no matter what size or shape it has. Just follow the step by step recipe and make it today.
I make this recipe in vanilla flavor because I already said, it’s a basic cake. You can change the ingredients and essence a little and easily prepare other flavored cake. For this recipe, I inspired by Victoria Sponge Cake.
With a basic idea and knowledge, you can easily make any other cake. So without wasting time let’s jump into the recipe with a video guide.
Basic Sponge Cake | Vanilla Plain Cake Recipe
- 125 grams Refined Flour
- 3/4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 130 grams Sugar powdered
- 1 nos Egg
- 8 grams Butter
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Take a bowl and add 125 grams of all-purpose flour.
- Also, add 3/4 tbsp of baking powder.
- Mix them well with a spatula and keep aside.
- Take two small bowls and 1egg. Break the egg and separate the egg yolk and egg white.
- Blend the egg white with an electric hand mixer till it becomes fluffy. In this case, I use a regular mixer grinder to do this.
- Then take another large bowl and pour the fluffy egg white and yolk. Now mix them with a spatula or a large metal spoon.
- Add 8 grams of butter in it and continue whisking.
- Now add caster sugar or powdered sugar in the egg mixture and mix well. You can add a little amount of powdered sugar and gradually mixed them. [You can also use icing sugar.]
- Thereafter, add the mixed flour into it and mix well with a spatula or electric hand mixer.
- Then add 1/3 tbsp of vanilla extract and mix it until the essence mixed well. You can also add the essence directly to the beaten egg.
- Keep this cake mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- In this meantime, grease the cake mold. I use regular cake mold but you can also use the cake tins.
- Now pour the cake mixture into the cake mold.
- Heat the oven (preheat) at 200C for about 10 minutes with both heater on.
- Then place the cake mold into the oven and bake it for 25 minutes at 180C.
- After the baking is done, you can see the cake mixture becomes double in size color in golden brown and very fluffy and spongy.
- Cool it on a wire rack and serve with a cup of tea in the evening.
Some popular breakfast recipes that you can serve with this sponge cake:
- Butter Cookies Recipe
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- Club Sandwich
- Irish Soda bread Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
- Blueberry Pancake Recipe
- Breakfast Recipe without Eggs
If you like this article about Vanilla Flavored Basic Sponge Cake Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!