This is the famous Indo-Chinese recipe named Chilli Chicken. Today I discuss the dry version of this recipe which we also called Chilli chicken Dry. If you don’t know the chilli chicken Gravy recipe, please go through here.
Have you ever been to China? If you have been, you will know that this famous chili chicken recipe is not born in China. But if I start talking about its history, it will take a long time.
So skip it for now and let’s concentrate on the main recipe of Chilli Chicken.
This recipe can be two types. Regular chilli chicken then made with the regular pieces of chicken (with bone). The second is the Boneless version. Here we use chicken breast to make the chicken pieces.
Chilli chicken has to be spicy, so we can use a lot of chilli in this recipe, but on the north side of India, we prefer a bit of sweet version of chilli chicken. So, they add some sugar in this recipe.
Also, if you search all over India, there are many different version of this same chilli chicken dry recipe. Such as Banarasi style Chilli chicken, Lakhnow style chilli chicken etc…
Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken Dry Recipe
- Frying Pan
For Chicken Marination
- 250 grams Chicken
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 nos Egg
For Chicken pakora
- 250 ml Oil
For Stir Fry
- 1 pieces Onion roughly chopped
- 1 pieces Onion cut into cubed
- 1 pieces Capsicum cut into cubed
- 1 tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Ginger finely chopped
- 3 pieces Green Chilli slit / chopped
- 1 tbsp Spring onion for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce/ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tbsp Salt
- First, take 250 grams of boneless chicken and wash them well with water.
- Then add 2 tbsp of mustard oil, along with 1/2 tbsp of black pepper powder and salt.
- Then add 1 egg and 2 tbsp of cornflour for a thick coating.
- For flavor add 2 tbsp of soya sauce.
- Mix them well with your hands or a spoon and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Complete the vegetable cutting
- In the meantime of chicken marination, take 1 large capsicum, 2 medium size onion, and 15-20 cloves of garlic. Also, the amount of green chili totally depends on you. I prefer 4 green chilies.
- Wash the vegetables and comes to the chopping board.
- Cut the capsicum in cubes shapes and gather them in a bowl.
- Cut one onion into the same cubed size (onion wedges) and keep it in a bowl.
- Finely chopped rest of the onions, garlic, and ginger and keep them also in separate bowls.
- In the case of green chili, slit them from the middle or you can also be chopped them.
Fry the chicken
- Heat a kadhai or frying pan with sufficient oil.
- When the oil becomes hot, keep the flame to medium.
- Now put the marinated chicken one by one into the pan and fry. After the chicken becomes light brown in color, put them out from the pan and keep them in a bowl.
Stir Fry of Chilli Chicken
- Heat a kadhai or frying pan with 2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Wait for the pan to become very hot then add the oil. If you want the smoky flavor like the street food the make this recipe on high flame.
- Put the chopped garlic and ginger and stir a little.
- Then add the finely chopped onions and continue to frying.
- Add the cubed capsicum and fry them well.
- To speed up the frying process, add salt and for great color, add some sugar and fry well.
- Add the cubed onion and fry for a little.
- Now add tomato ketchup, red chili sauce, and soya sauce. Saute well at high temperatures. Also, add green chilies.
- Add 2 tbsp of cornflour mix water and stir.
- When you see the mixture become thick and a smoky smell is coming, then add the fried chickens.
- Mix well for 1 or 2 minutes. If you need a little gravy then add some water.
- After complete the cooking, garnish with chopped spring onions and serve.
Check out these chicken recipes you may like:
- Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Grilled Yogurt Chicken
- Chicken Tandoori in Oven
- Chicken Drumstick Recipe
- Keto Chicken Recipes
If you like this article about Chilli Chicken Dry Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!