This is one of my favorite Indo-Chinese recipes. This chilli soyabean has also two variants. But the dry variant is more famous than the gravy version of soya chilli. Making the procedure is also more simple than other Indo-Chinese dishes.
Today I make the Chilli Soya Gravy. If you go through this recipe carefully, you can also able to make the dry variant. The dry version of chilli soya chunks is served as a party starter. But the gravy version of soyabean chilli is served as a side dish with all kinds of fried rice or Indian bread.
Have you read my previous recipes about chilli chicken and chilli paneer? If so, this recipe may be the easiest recipe for you. Because this recipe is almost like other Indo-Chinese recipes that are easily available in all Indian street food stalls. And this recipe is more similar to chilli chicken gravy recipe that I published about 2 years ago.
Chilli Soya Recipe | Chilli Soyabean | Soya Chilli
- 100 grams Soya Chunks
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Refined Flour
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 4 tsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Capsicum cubed
- 1 tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ cup Onion wedges
- 1 tbsp Spring Onion for garnishing
- ⅓ cup Tomato wedges
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 500 grams Refined oil
Boil the Soya Chunks
- Heat a saucepan well. Then add the dry soya chunks along with enough water for a boil.
- Let them cook for a few minutes. When you see the water comes to a boil and the soybeans are softened, turn off the gas and strain the excessive water.
Chop the vegetables
- Till the soaked soyabeans become cool we can finish the vegetable chopping process.
Prepare the Soya chunks marination
- Take the soaked soya chunks into a bowl.
- Add ½ tsp of salt, ½ tsp of turmeric powder, ½ tsp of deggi mirch powder, 2 tbsp of yogurt, 2 tbsp of refined flour, 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste, 2 tsp of soya sauce, and mix them well.
Fry the Soya Chunks
- Heat a pan with enough oil for deep frying the soya chunks.
- Add the marinated soya chunks one by one into the oil.
- Wait till the soya chunks turn golden brown.
- Heat another frying pan with 2 tbsp of refined oil.
- Add 1 tbsp of chopped garlic and fry a little.
- Add 2 tbsp of finely chopped onion and fry a little more.
- Now add capsicum and fry a little.
- Add onion wedges, 1/2 tomato wedges and fry it also a little more.
- Add 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of sugar to balance the raw taste.
- Add 1 tbsp of chilli sauce, 1 tbsp of tomato sauce, 1 tbsp of dark soya sauce, and cook them continuously at high heat.
- Add cornflour water (cornflour : water = 1:2) and mix well. This cornflour water helps to make the gravy thicker.
- Now add 2 cups of water for gravy. You can adjust the volume as per your need.
- Let the gravy comes to a boil. Now add 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- Now add all the fried soya chunks one by one into the gravy and mix them well but gently.
- Now add few more onion wedges to enhance the crunchiness of this chili soya. Also, add 1 tsp of chopped green chilli and mix them a little.
- Your Soya chilli is ready to serve.
This is a very high protein recipe that can be served as a starter. I suggest adding red and yellow bell peppers to enhance the texture and flavor. Colored bell peppers are rich in vitamins.
This recipe is, I mean this gravy version of soya chilli is best to serve with Rumali Roti or Nun, which are very popular in the Indian bread list. Also, you can be served with vegetable rice, or fried rice, or jeera rice.
If you like this article about Chilli Soyabean or Soya Chilli or Chilli Soya or Soyabean Chilli or Soya Chunks Manchurian, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!