This Mediterranean tuna salad is healthy, delicious, and easy to make with few simple ingredients. This salad is perfect for meal prep at lunch or dinner. You can make this salad with mayo or without mayo and it is great for weight loss too so that you can list it on your weight watchers. Also, this salad is naturally gluten-free, paleo, and low carb.
Is Mediterranean Tuna Salad Healthy?
Tuna on its own can be a wonderful healthy protein option. It is also nutrition-rich, containing B-6, B12, vitamin A, iron, zinc, magnesium, potassium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Click here to know more.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 nos. Red Bell Pepper chopped
- ½ cup Onion finely chopped
- 1 nos. Cucumber cut lengthwise & sliced
- 400 grams Tuna Fish Albacore (drained)
- ½ piece Carrot sliced
- ½ cup Feta Cheese crumbled (optional)
- 2 clove Garlic minced
- ½ cup Chickpeas optional
- ½ cup Black Olives cut in half (optional)
- 1 bunch Parsley (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper as per taste
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 nos. Lemon juiced
- ½ cup Mayonnaise (optioanal)
- 1 tbsp oregano / Italian seasonings / mixed herbs or basil leaves powder (optional)
- Add red bell pepper, onion, cucumber, tuna fish, garlic, carrot in a large mixing bowl, and mix together.
- Now add olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper in it and mix.
- For garnish, you can add fresh parsley and serve cold. Enjoy!
- Cut those vegetables into small pieces so that it will be easier to combine when to mix together.
- You can add any vegetables whatever you like. You can add fresh chickpeas, it has protein and fiber that make you healthy and full for a long time. Also, you can use black beans or white beans to replace chickpeas.
- Use fresh lemon zest for flavor. Also if you like a creamy texture, use mayonnaise, and mix together.
- Also, use feta cheese or any other cheese whatever you like to eat.
- You can use a boiled egg in this salad. It has protein and vitamins to grow your health. If you don’t like it, skip it.
What kind of tuna goes in tuna salad?
You can use chunk light or flaked tuna in this tuna salad. Also, you can use canned tuna in the water but tuna canned in olive oil can add a nice mild delicious flavor to your healthy salad.
Is canned tuna OK on Mediterranean diet?
You can take any type of tuna salad, even you can use canned tuna in this salad. Canned tuna is great for Mediterranean Diet food. This tuna is rich in protein, low in fat and calories to improve heart health and brain development.
What can I mix with canned tuna?
You can make any salad with canned tuna. You will prepare these salads such as:
- Tuna Pasta Salad,
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Avocado Chickpea Tuna Salad
- Sashimi Tuna Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Herbed Tuna Salad
- Macaroni Salad with Tuna and Peas
- High-Protein Black Bean Avocado Tuna Salad Sandwiches
- Greek Tuna Pasta Salad
- Cranberry Pecan Tuna Salad
- Low Carb Spicy Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
What can I substitute for mayo in tuna?
If you don’t like mayo in tuna salad, you can use avocado, Greek Yogurt, Hummus, Nut Butter, egg or pesto, sour cream, etc.
You may like these recipes:
- Cucumber Caprese Salad
- Zucchini Noodle Salad
- Keto Egg Salad Recipes
- BBQ Summer Salad Recipes
- Avocado Salmon Salad Recipe
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Honey Salad Recipes
If you like this article about Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!