All foods contain more or less vitamins and the role of these vitamins in our health is immense. But foods with extra vitamins contain more fat which causes us to raise our cholesterol level and increase our weight. So today I came up with a recipe that has enough vitamins but very little fat. This recipe is totally based on chili. If you and your family like chili, this recipe is especially for you. This rich and super easy sweet potato black bean chili is totally vegan, oil-free, and also gluten-free. So it can be fit with any of your diet chart.
Can we make this Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili in Instant Pot?
Yes, of course, you can easily make this soup into an Instant Pot. At first, sauté the onions, then add garlic and sweet potatoes and sauté for a few minutes and then add spices. Add the chopped tomatoes, soaked beans, vegetable broth, and stir well. Then seal the pot and cook for 7-8 minutes at high pressure. Your Recipe will ready to serve.
Can I make this in Slow Cooker?
Yes, this is a very flexible recipe and you can able to make it in a slow cooker. In the beginning, the onion frying process is the same. After that add all the ingredients into the slow cooker (or you can use a crockpot) and cook for 7-8 hours on low heat. You can also cook it on high heat, and the time it will take is 4-5 hours.
Sweet Potato Black Bean Recipe
- 50 grams Onion diced
- 2 nos. Sweet Potato large
- 4 clove garlic minced
- 400 grams Black Turtle Beans
- 400 grams Red Kidney Beans
- 3 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- ½ pcs Avocado diced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp Vegan Sour Cream
- At first, we need to complete the vegetable chopping. So peel the sweet potatoes and dice them into small size. Also diced the onions and finely chopped the garlic.
- Now heat a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add diced onion and saute for 5-6 minutes. [You can use oil. If you want to go totally oil-free method, then I recommend using 2-3 tbsp of vegetable broth or water for this saute process.]
- Then add chili powder, cumin, paprika, and sweet potato cubes. Continue the saute for 3 minutes.
- Now add that minced garlic and saute for another 1 minute.
- Rinse the beans and add them to the saucepan.
- Saute for 2 minutes. this step is important to increase thetaste of this dish.
- Thereafter add tomatoes and continue to saute process until you realize the tomatoes are perfectly cooked. If you do not cook tomatoes perfectly this time the raw flavor of tomato will exist in the recipe.
- Now add vegetable broth, mixed them well, and increase the heat.
- Wait until they come to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and check the sweet potatoes are perfectly cooked or not.
- After that add salt and sugar according to your taste.
- Now garnish it with your desired toppings and serve hot.
I think you may like these recipes:
- Minestrone Soup Recipe
- Weight Watchers Breakfast Recipe
- Lauki Kofta Curry Recipe
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Bean Soup
- Fall Soup Recipe
- Keto Soup Recipe
If you like this article about Vegan Sweet potato Black Bean Chili Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favourite board on Pinterest!