Porridge is a fantastic breakfast idea for several reasons. First off, it’s simple and fast to prepare, you can tweak it however you want, and it’s vegan-friendly. So far, we’ve found the best porridge recipe that we know you’ll love and enjoy. So, go through this awesome Banana & Cinnamon Porridge recipe which is really perfect for breakfast in your diet.
Getting the Basics
The main ingredients for a simple porridge recipe are rolled oats and milk. For vegans, you can substitute dairy milk for your favourite plant-based option. Alternatively, you can use quinoa if you want a grain-free meal.
An oven is among the must-have kitchen gadgets, and it will come in handy for those who want a creamier result. However, a saucepan or microwave will work well too.
When creating any oatmeal porridge recipe, the choice of toppings is only limited by your imagination. You can try out toppings such as;
- Coconut flakes
- Nuts or seeds
- Nut butter
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Sliced bananas
Banana & Cinnamon Porridge Recipe
For Main Banana & Cinnamon Porridge Recipe
- 150 grams Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 500 ml Milk
- 2 nos. Banana mashed
- 1 pinch Salt optional (to balance the taste)
- Flax Seeds
- 1 nos. Banana
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 10-15 nos. Almonds
- 4-5 nos. Berries halved
Method 1: The Saucepan
- Add your oats to a medium-sized pan and place it over medium heat. Add the salt and stir gently.
- Add the milk, banana puree, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon into the saucepan and stir. Bring to boil while stirring gently.
- Add milk or water until you get your desired consistency. Stirring often prevents the porridge from sticking to the pan. Simmer for five minutes or until the porridge coats the wooden spoon.
- Stir in maple syrup or honey, seeds, and the rest of the cinnamon before dividing it into bowls.
Method 2: The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 150° C.
- Mix the oats, milk, cinnamon, and salt in an ovenproof dish. Cover it with foil and place it in the oven.
- Let it cook for about 45mins, then take it out and stir in the mashed bananas. Return it to the oven and let it cook for 15 more minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and serve into bowls.
Method 3: The Microwave
- Who says you can't prepare a healthy porridge recipe in your microwave? It's faster and leaves you with less clean-up.
- Add the oats, milk, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl and place it in the microwave, uncovered.
- Cook on maximum heat until the bananas melt and the oats are soft and thick. Stir the mixture once in a while to ensure it cooks through, and you have achieved your desired thickness. You can alter the consistency by adding milk or water. Take it out and serve into bowls.
Preparing the Toppings
Peel the banana and slice the banana. Toast the nuts on a pan until they’re lightly golden.
Toss the banana slices and almonds into the bowl. You can swap the almonds for preferred nut butter. Add in a few berries and drizzle with maple syrup or honey.
Check out these recipes also:
- Vegan Pancake Recipes
- Camping Breakfast Ideas
- Back to School Breakfast for Kids
- Healthy Fall Breakfast Recipes
Tips and Tricks for a Perfect Banana & Cinnamon Porridge Recipe
- Since you’re using ripe bananas and syrup, extra sugar is not necessary. Instead, the salt will bring out the authentic taste of oats and nuts.
- There is no limit to how much nuts you can use in your porridge oats recipe. Extra nuts or nut butter makes the porridge a lot creamier and tastier.
- Instead of limiting the amount of water or milk you use, add a flax meal to your oats mixture to thicken it.
- Using rolled oats adds texture to your meal, and it helps to blend with other ingredients.
- Adding raw nut milk to decrease the thickness of your porridge offers a creamier and more tasteful result.
- The more toppings you use, the more texture and flavour you add to your porridge. Don’t be shy to mix your favourite toppings in a single serving. If anything, the more, the merrier.
- If you want more fibre content, avoid cooking your oats in direct heat. Instead, add the ingredients into a blender and blend until you get a smooth, creamy consistency. Warm a bowl and add a handful of oats, then add in the blended mixture. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. This easy porridge recipe cuts your work and cleaning time by half.
Warm porridge recipes are great for cold, frosty mornings, and they also ensure everyone is charged for a full day ahead. You can tweak your recipe to match your family’s preference. Soon, you’ll create a treat that’s hard to beat.
What are some of the tricks that make your banana and cinnamon porridge a favorite? Share your tips and comments with us. We would love to hear from you!
You may like these Breakfast Recipes:
Alex Green is a copywriter with 3 years of experience. He is fond of healthy living and knows everything about home improvement. In his spare time, Alex likes walking with his golden retriever, meeting with friends, and attending the gym. Sometimes he also writes about smart kitchen appliances on https://mykitchenadvisor.com/.
If you like this article about Banana & Cinnamon Porridge Recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Also, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!