Soft and chewy Nutella blondiesare made with a buttery cookie base and which makes for a decadent and addicting dessert. And topped off with ribbons of rich Nutellaswirls! These cookie bars are so easy to make, and everyone who tries them is going to want the recipe! You can also try it in home.
Hi everyone! Today I brought Nutella Blondies! Blondies are climbing to the top of my favorite dessert list. The brown sugar buttery goodness is wooing my tastebuds. I really didn’t think I could like a chocolatelessdessert this much. But of course I go and add chocolate to it anyway. I’m not sure how it is in your house, but an open jar of Nutellain my pantry is bad news. No matter how much self control I think I have, I inevitably find myself with a spoon in hand standing over an empty jar, wondering how I got to this point in life. Again.
So when my local grocery store had a sale a few weeks ago and I stocked up on five jars of Nutella, I knew that some emergency baking was in order so that I could use it up as quickly as possible. I spent a few jars perfecting my Nutella Cookies and then moved on to making these delicious Nutella Blondies. That gooey goodness is just waiting to be eaten, especially with the sprinkle of sea salt on top. The salty sweet combo brings out the brown sugar butter combo and the hazelnut notes in the Nutella.
Nutellablondies start off with a simple (just one-bowl required!) buttery cookie/blondie base
I adapted the blondie base from my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and if you’d like to take the chocolate flavor up a notch you can drop a handful of milk chocolate or semisweet chips into the batter (I’d do no more than 3/4 cup in order to not overwhelm the Nutellaflavor… these are Nutella blondies, after all).
Once the batter is prepared, simply drop the Nutella by heaping spoonfuls over the batter and use a butterknife to swirl the chocolate/hazelnut spread through the blondiebatter.
How to Make NutellaBlondies?
Soft, buttery Nutella blondies made with a chewy cookie base and plenty of rich Nutella swirls! These are easy to make and everyone loves them!
· 1 cup butter melted and then cooled for at least 5 minutes
· 1 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
· ¾ cup sugar
· 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, room temperature preferred
· 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2½ cups all purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a 9×13 baking pan by lining with parchment paper.
2. Combine melted (cooled) butter and sugars in a large bowl, stir well.
3. Add eggs, and egg yolk one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
4. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
6. Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet until completely combined.
7. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and then drop your Nutella by spoonfuls over the batter. Use a butterknife to swirl the Nutella through the batter.
8. Transfer to the oven and bake on 350F for 25 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Normally when recipes say "cool completely" I’m like yeah, right. But these blondies really do need some time to set up, and even when they do they are very, very soft. They should be served on plates. With forks. And probably ice cream.