Today make some different dishes. What say? Actually, that is not dishes it’s drink or you can say summer drink or chilled beverage or like desert… Today I make badam lassi or you can say badam pista lassi or lassie drink, whatever you can call that…
The best lassi in India, you will find various types of lassi such as chocolate lassi, pan lassi, rose lassi, mango lassi, strawberry lassi, and cardamon lassi, sweet lassi. Many of those who don’t know – in Hindi ‘badam’ mean almond and ‘pista is pistachio.
Kesar Lassi, Badaam Lassi, Kesar dry-fruits lassi, Dry-Fruits Lassi, lassi drink
Lassi is better if the kulhad / terra cotta cup is served, but if you do not have it then serve in glasses. The best part of the lassi is that you can freeze it and keep it so many times. Traditionally, Lassi is churned with the help of a wooden churner called ‘Madani’. If you do not have any Madani, mix it with mixer or blender.
Summer days are really totally incomplete without Lassie’s full glass. Having a glass of lassi in the summer gives you strength, cools the body, controls the stomach and gives a sweet and delicious taste in the mouth for some more time. Keep the cream or cream thick, and serve your guest with fresh peda. They will like it great.
There are many variations in Lassi. Some people mix yogurt with milk, soak some mixture with cold water or ice. Here I use thick yogurt with milk and sugar. I’m not using cream so it’s lassi lighter version. No lassi is complete without touching cardamon powder, some people add rose water and saffron but it’s optional. Obviously, I’ve used pistachios and almonds, but you can add cashews to the lassi.
Prepare this amazing and so tasty summer cooler Indian drink- Kesar Badaam Lassi or badam pista lassi, with an easy and detailed recipe given below:
Badam Pista Lassi
For making Badam Pista Lassi or Kesar Badam Lassi:
- 1 cup or 250 gm chilled curd or thanda dahi, take thick creamy curd for making this drink
- 1 cup or 250 ml chilled milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or as per your taste
- 15-20 almonds or badam
- 10 pista
- 10-15 kazu, optional
- 10-15 raisins or kismis, or as per taste and requirement(optional)
- few strands Saffron or kesar, as per requirement
- Ice Cubes or barf, as per requirement
- 1 tsp rose water, optional
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder(choti elalchi powder), optional
For garnish (optional) :
- 1-2 almonds (thin sliced)
- 1-2 pista (thin sliced)
- few strands saffron or kesar, optional
- 2-3 raisins or kismis optional
- 4-5 kazu optional
How to make the badam pista lassi or badam lassi:
- First, cut the almonds and pistachios or pista.
- Then add all the ingredients in the list mix blender or mixer, heading for “badam pista lassi”.
- Blend the lassi until cream for the 20 to 30 seconds, to become smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses or any kind of stylish glasses or ‘var’ or matki, for garnishing add saffron and chopped nuts, serve badam pista lassi or badam lassi or you can call lassie or lassi.
- Please keep in your mind that curd and milk must be chilled when making that recipe.
- Don’t forget that if more rose water mix in that recipe then mixer will change differently to taste, maybe that taste will be you will not like, add rose water as per your taste.
- If you want glasses to garnish then you melt any chocolate and do any design whatever you want or do for garnishing your glasses whatever you like.
Procedure for making Badam Pista Lassi step by step:
- Soak the saffron or kesar strands in the chilled milk for 30 minutes. Advertisement
- Now take the almonds, kazu, and sugar in a mixer jar.
- Combine them to make a fine powder.
- Transfer this powder mixture from a plate or a bowl to nuts and sugar.
- Then add chilled fresh curd to the mixer jar. Blend for 1 minute the yogurt in a mixer.
- Add the mixture of nuts and sugar powder to the mixer jar.
- Mix the ingredients together in the mixer and blend it for 1 minute.
- Add some rose water to taste better; I added it if you don’t want then skipped it.
- Then add cold milk to the mixer jar (in which I soaked the saffron strands).
- Mix the ice cubes in the mixer and blend it again for 1 minute. Prepare delicious and cool chef nut flakes.
- Transfer delicious and tasty badam pista lassi to a glass or an earthen pot (matki), for garnish it adds chopped almonds and kazoos, raisins and saffron strands and serves.
You can also read :
End of all I just want to say a little work to you. Try this in your home and I promised that it must add a different color in your taste. So after making these recipes in your home don’t forget to let me know what is the response of your family members about this special sweet and salty lassi taste.
** One bonus point – You can also add little Malai on this lassi, it’s increase the value and taste of it as like as Malai lassi.
- Veg Cheese Pizza Recipe | Homemade Pizza Recipe
- Homemade Chicken Drumstick Recipe [KFC Style]
- Paneer Pakora
- Restaurants Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe Step by Step with Image
- Chilli Chicken Recipe – Easy Making Guide from Crispyfoodidea
- Vegetable Manchurian Gravy without Maida