Today I will make a cold drink known as lassi. With homemade yogurt, sugar, nuts, and ice, you can easily make this Badam lassi. It’s s great summer drink or a dessert. I make this lassi with Almond badam and pistachios, so you can also call it Badam Pista Lassi.
Lassie is a famous drink of the Indian subcontinent (Punjab). You will find various types of lassi such as chocolate lassi, pan lassi, rose lassi, mango lassi, strawberry lassi, mint lassi, cardamon lassi, etc.
Many of those who don’t know – in Hindi ‘badam’ mean almond and ‘Pista is Pistachio. So, in Hindi you can call it Badam ki lassi. You can get this recipe in Bengali and Hindi.
Kesar Lassi, Badaam Lassi, Badam ki Lassi, Kesar dry-fruits lassi, Dry-Fruits Lassi, lassi drink
Lassi is better if the kulhad / terra cotta cup is served, but if you do not have it then serve in glasses. The best part of the lassi is that you can freeze it and keep it so many times. Traditionally, Lassi is churned with the help of a wooden churner called ‘Madani’. If you do not have any Madani, mix it with mixer or blender.
Summer days aren’t really complete without a full glass of Lassi. Especially I like Badam Lassi or you can call it Badam ki lassi. In summer, a glass of yogurt gives you energy, cools the body, controls the stomach, and many more.
Serve cold and creamy cold lassi garnished with fresh pistachios and nuts and your stomach will be happy with it.
There are many variations in lassi. Some people mix yogurt, cream, ice and cold water with milk to make lassi, and some people just mix yogurt and ice. Here I have used thick yogurt with milk and sugar. I am not using cream but you will see that my lassi has become creamy. With that I added a little rose water and saffron here but it is totally optional. Finally garnished with cashew nuts and pistachios. Everybody just says ‘wow’ after taste it.
So let’s prepare this amazing summer drink named Badam Lassi or Badam Pista Lassi or Kesar badam Lassi. You can check step by step recipe below.
Procedure for making Badam Pista Lassi step by step:
- Soak the saffron or Kesar strands in the chilled milk for 30 minutes.
- Now take the almonds, Kazu, and sugar in a mixer jar.
- Combine them to make a fine powder.
- Transfer this powder mixture from a plate or a bowl to nuts and sugar.
- Then add chilled fresh curd to the mixer jar. Blend for 1 minute the yogurt in a mixer.
- Add the mixture of nuts and sugar powder to the mixer jar.
- Mix the ingredients together in the mixer and blend it for 1 minute.
- Add some rose water to taste better; I added it if you don’t want then skipped it.
- Then add cold milk to the mixer jar (in which I soaked the saffron strands).
- Mix the ice cubes in the mixer and blend it again for 1 minute. Prepare delicious and cool chef nut flakes.
- Transfer delicious and tasty Badam Pista lassi to a glass or an earthen pot (matki), for garnish it adds chopped almonds and kazoos, raisins, and saffron strands and serves.
You can also read : Aam Dahi Puri with Mango sweet chutney
Badam Pista Lassi
For making Badam Pista Lassi or Kesar Badam Lassi:
- 1 cup Curd take thick creamy curd for making this drink
- 1 cup Milk chilled
- 1/2 cup Sugar or as per your taste
- 15-20 pcs Almonds
- 10 pcs Pista
- 10-15 pcs Cashew Nuts optional
- 10-15 pcs Raisin or as per taste and requirement(optional)
- Saffron as per requirement
- Ice Cubes as per requirement
- 1 tsp Rose Water optional
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder optional
For garnish (optional) :
- 1-2 Almonds (thin sliced)
- 1-2 Pista (thin sliced)
- few strands Saffron optional
- 2-3 Raisins optional
- 4-5 Cashew optional
How to make the Badam Pista lassi or badam lassi:
- First, cut the almonds and pistachios.
- Then add all the ingredients in the list mix blender or mixer, heading for “Badam Pista Lassi”.
- Blend the lassi until cream for the 20 to 30 seconds, to become smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses or any kind of stylish glasses or ‘var’ or matki, for garnishing add saffron and chopped nuts, serve Badam Pista lassi or badam lassi or you can call lassie or lassi.
- Please keep in your mind that curd and milk must be chilled when making that recipe.
- Don’t forget that if more rose water mix in that recipe then mixer will change differently to taste, maybe that taste will be you will not like, add rose water as per your taste.
- If you want glasses to garnish then you melt any chocolate and do any design whatever you want or do for garnishing your glasses whatever you like.
End of all I just want to say a little work to you. Try this in your home and I promised that it must add a different color in your taste. So after making these recipes in your home don’t forget to let me know what is the response of your family members about this special sweet and salty lassi taste.
Also, get a picture of your Lassi and tag us on Instagram with #crispyfoodiea or #foodhakka. I will love to see this.
** One bonus point – You can also add little Malai on this lassi, it increases the value and taste of it as like as Malai lassi.