I came up with another smoothie recipe named Green Smoothie. You might be wondering how to make this Green smoothie recipe! You don’t have to worry about that because I will discuss it in detail today.
This smoothie is very healthy and tasty. With just 4 ingredients, you can make this recipe in less than 5 minutes. Although every day is not possible, I take this Green Smoothie for breakfast at least 3 days a week. That is why I can advise you to eat this smoothie and tell you all its pros and cons.
Fruit smoothies are also popular that made with fresh fruits. But my favorite green smoothie recipe. Here are some of the things that can be used for this green smoothie in the morning.
In my opinion, banana is the best and most suitable ingredient for any smoothie. It helps to add a natural sweetness and a creamy texture to the smoothies. That is why if you buy more bananas and keep them in the fridge, you can make any smoothie at any time.
Use frozen fruits and vegetables
Not only frozen bananas are used to make smoothies, frozen fruits and vegetables are also used. If you use everything frozen, you don’t have to use extra ice.
I suggest you buy fruits and vegetables from the market in large quantities and store them in the refrigerator. This means that you do not have to go to the market every day and whenever you want to eat any smoothies, take out the frozen ingredients and make the smoothies.
Fruits that can be used in green smoothies
You can use different fruits in green smoothies. Just like in this post I used mango and half pineapple as well as some amount of ripe grapes.
But one thing to be aware of is that if you use dark-colored fruits like blackberry, cherry, you may notice a change in the color of your smoothie. That means he could become a Brown Smoothie too. Here is some suggestion:
What can be used as greens to make Green Smoothie?
Spinach is commonly used to make this green smoothie. So if you make this green smoothie as a beginner you can use this spinach or kale. That is why when you buy spinach in the market, you can buy in a large quantity and keep it frozen in the refrigerator. There are also many other vegetables that can be used in this green smoothie, to name a few:
- Beet Greens
- Carrot Tops
- Collard Greens
- Swiss Chard
- Romaine Lettuce
HOW TO MAKE A GREEN SMOOTHIE!
Okay, so far I was discussing all the delicious ingredients used in green smoothies. But now let’s start discussing how to make this smoothie.
STEP 1: ADD LIQUID INGREDIENTS
When making green smoothies, one thing to keep in mind is that all the liquid ingredients need to be poured into the blender first. In this case, the solid ingredients are not likely to get stuck in the blade of the blender.
I always use dairy products as a liquid in the smoothie and I advise you to do the same thing. Because using dairy products preserves the taste and texture of your smoothies. However, different types of liquids can be used:
- Coconut Milk
- Any percentage of dairy milk
- Rice Milk
- Oat Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Water
- Water (not recommended, but can be used)
STEP 2: ADD THE FROZEN GREENS
Next, add your favorite frozen vegetables on top of the liquid. You can add only one or two cups of spinach or kale or whatever you want.
STEP 3: ADD FROZEN FRUIT AND EXTRA INGREDIENTS
Add frozen fruits on those green vegetables and you can add protein powder of your choice on top of that.
STEP 4: JUST BLEND!
After all, the final step is to blend the smoothie. Turn on the blender without delaying it. First, keep the speed low and slowly increase the speed. Blend for about 1-5 seconds. Then your smoothie is ready.
At last, pour in the smoothie into the glass and serve.
Green Smoothie Recipe
- 1½ cup Almond Milk
- 2 cup Spinach frozen
- 1 cup Fruits frozen (as per your choice)
- 2 pcs Frozen Banana
- 1 tbsp Protin Powder as per your preference
- First give the liquid ingredients in the blender, which means the almond milk I used in this recipe.
- Give it your choice of vegetables. In this case, I used spinach.
- Also add all the frozen fruits that you like for this smoothie. I used mango, pineapple and grapes.
- Add protein powder as an extra ingredient on top of that.
- Then add the frozen banana.
- Turn on the blender at the end. First, lower the blender speed, then slowly increase the speed.
- When ready, pour in a glass and serve.
- I used spinach as a green ingredient in this recipe, but you can also use lettuce or kale if you like.
- Protein powder in this recipe is completely optional, you can also make this smoothie without any protein powder.
- Flavored essence is also a good idea for smoothies. You can add anyone’s essence like vanilla to increase the test of your smoothie.
- I also notices some people add peanut butter in this smoothie. That is totally optional, only add when you want that. But I think that butter changes the test of spinach in this smoothie. So I recommend only taste the spinach at a time.
Also, I found some more interesting Green Smoothie recipes in Pinterest for you. Have a look…
IS A GREEN SMOOTHIE GOOD FOR YOU?
Of course yes, because this smoothie has a lot of protein, fiber, and nutrition. So, people of all ages can drink this smoothie.
HOW DO I INCREASE THE SWEETNESS OF MY GREEN SMOOTHIE?
You do not need to add extra sweetness to this green smoothie as the fruits used here add a natural sweetness to it. That’s mean your smoothie is already naturally sweetened. If you still need a little bit of sweetness then there is always an option to added sugars.
I think you like this recipe. So, please share this with your friends on Twitter and Pinterest.
Also, subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first in your device.