Vegetable Manchurian, one of the most famous of the Indo-Chinese dishes. This Veg Manchurian can be made in different ways, so if you visit the whole of India, you will find that Manchurian is being made in different ways in different places but its taste has never diminished.
I find this Manchurian easy available in almost all Indian restaurants around the world. However, Manchurian can be many types, but it can be divided into two categories. Veg Manchurian and Non-veg Manchurian.
If you just talk about Veg Manchurian, it can be made with a combination of vegetables at once. Vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, potatoes, mushrooms, etc. are made with some spices to make Veg Manchurian.
Besides, Manchurian is also made using only one key ingredient, such as cabbage Manchurian, Mushroom Manchurian, Paneer Manchurian, Baby Corn Manchurian, etc.
Can it be stored in the refrigerator?
Of course, can be kept. Anything made at home can be stored in the fridge. After making the Manchurian, it should be kept in a separate container and bring it room temperature first, then refrigerated. If you want to keep it refrigerated in hot conditions, it is more likely to be wasted.
Is Veg Manchurian Keto Friendly?
Yes, it’s keto-friendly. This means you can eat this vegetable Manchurian on your keto diet. So, you can easily call this Keto Veg Manchurian.
Can I store it in a raw condition?
Yes, it can be stored. Just like all restaurants are kept, half of the whole prep can be prepared in advance, then the rest is prepared and served hot. Also, if you notice, a special ingredient used in restaurants is in all foods, Ajinomoto (MSG). Not only does it help to enhance the taste of the food, it also helps keep the food fresh and stored longer.
Is this Veg Manchurian, perfect for vegetarians?
Why not be a perfect, Vegetable Manchurian must be perfect for vegetarians. However, many vegetarians do not like to eat onions and garlic, so I would not recommend this recipe for them.
The benefits of more vegetables using this recipe?
There are many benefits to using more vegetables. Because different vegetables contain different types of vitamins, which is also good for our health. That is why we usually use carrots, capsicum, onions, ginger, garlic, etc. as an extra ingredient in Manchurian.
Is it low carb?
Yes, it has a low quantity of carbohydrates.
The first thing I want to tell you before I start the recipe is that all Manchurian recipes are almost identical. Cabbage is used in Cabbage Manchurian, cauliflower in Cauliflower Manchurian, cheese in Cheese Manchurian, this is how the main ingredients are used. All other methods and components are the same.
So whatever you make, the procedure will be the same in all cases, only the main component will be changed. Here I used cabbage as a key ingredient, so you can call this recipe a Cabbage Manchurian.
Veg Manchurian Recipe with Step by Step photo
Prepare Veg Manchurian Balls
1. First, all the vegetables must be finely chopped. So wash all the vegetables well in hot water and then chopped them down with a sharp knife.
2. Then take the finely chopped cabbage first in a container. (you can use Cauliflower or mushrooms or cottage cheese instead of cabbage)
3. Then add the rest of the finely chopped vegetables one by one, such as carrots, French beans, onions and capsicum (optional).
4. Then add 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste. I use homemade ginger garlic paste which has the same amount of ginger and garlic. However, you can use ready-made ginger-garlic paste if you wish.
5. Now add 3 kinds of sauce such as tomato sauce or tomato ketchup, red chilli sauce, and soy sauce or soya sauce. (You can skip the chili sauce here if you want.)
6. Now add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 4 tablespoon corn starch. Add salt as per requirement, 1 pinch of sugar, cumin powder, and hot spices powder. [If you want to make this recipe without the dough, check out our Vegetable Manchurian without Maida recipe.]
7. Now add a small amount of water and mix all the ingredients well with your hands. (Make sure your hand is washed properly.)
8. Then make a 1/4 “size ball from the mixture with your hands.
9. Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying. When you see that the oil has heated up well, then lower the flame of the gas and put those balls together.
10. In this way, fry the balls on medium flame until they turn golden brown..
11. Then pick up the Manchurian balls in a separate container or plate. It also well if you place the fried balls on a tissue paper, that helps to absorb the excess oil.
Prepare Manchurian Gravy
12. Once again it is time to cut the vegetables. Finely chop the garlic and place it in a small bowl.
13. Take large capsicum and cut it into cubes. Take a large onion and cut it in the same way.
14. Heat the oil in a pan. One thing to keep in mind is that in this case the whole will be cooked in high flame. Because if you want to taste like a restaurant, then cooking on this high flame is important.
15. First, add the chopped garlic. You can also add chopped ginger, but that is optional.
16. Then add the sliced green chilli (raw cilantro) and fry it a little.
17. Then add sliced capsicum and onion.
18. Then add 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons red chili sauce and 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce. (If you do not have dark soy sauce, you can use any ordinary soy sauce.)
19. When slightly fried, add water to it to make the gravy.
20. As long as the water is boiling, mix in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon of cornflour, and 1/2 cup of water and set aside.
21. When you see the gravy begin to boil, give the cornflower-water a little spoon and stir. Then add 1 teaspoon cornflower-water and stir again. However, you will see that the gravy becomes thicker.
22. Then add salt, pepper powder, and a pinch of sugar (optional). You can add 1 teaspoon of
Ajinomoto vinegar to it, it will help to enhance the taste of the gravy.
23. Now add the fried Manchurian balls to that gravy.
24. Then cook for 2 more minutes, turn off the gas and serve hot.
Vegetable Manchurian can be served in many ways. If it is a dry version, it can be eaten as a snack at any party. However, the gravy version can be served with many more items such as flatbread, naan bread, fried rice, cumin rice, etc. It also served with various types of fried noodles or Hakka noodles.
Few more recipe that you can also try:
Veg Manchurian Gravy Recipe
For Manchurian Balls
- 2 cup Cabbage Finely chopped
- ½ cup Carrot Finely chopped
- ½ cup Beans Finely chopped
- ½ cup Onion Finely chopped
- ½ cup Capsicum Finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste homemade
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce/ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce
- ¼ cup All purpose flour or white flour
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ tbsp Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- ¼ tbsp Hot Spice Powder or Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ tbsp Sugar (optional)
- ½ cup Water
- 200 grams Oil
For Manchurian Gravy
- 1 piece Capsicum Large (cubed)
- 1 piece Onion Large (cubed)
- 2 tbsp Garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce/ketchup
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce dark
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- ⅓ tbsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
Prepare Manchurian Balls
- Firstly you have to finely chop all the vegetables that are needed to make Manchurian balls (like cabbage, carrot, onion, beans, and capsicum).
- Then take all these into a big bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Then add all the sauces like tomato sauce, chili sauce, and soya sauce as per the mentioned quantity.
- Add 1/2 cup white flour and 4 tbsp cornflour. Also add the required spices like salt, sugar, cumin powder and hot spice powder.
- Add a little water and mix all the ingredients well to make a dough.
- Make 1/4" sized balls from that dough with your hands.
Fry the Manchurian Balls
- Heat a pan with oil. When you see the oil is heat enough, turn the flame at medium. Then put the Manchurian balls one by one in the oil.
- Fry them until the color becomes golden brown. After that put them off and place on a plate or tissue.
- The vegetables needed to make gravy have to be cut as per instruction. Such as garlic, onion, and capsicum.
- Again heat a pan with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add chopped garlic along with green chili.
- Then add cubed capsicum and onion and fry a little. Keep the gas flame in very high.
- Now add all the sauce like tomato sauce, red chili sauce, and dark soya sauce as per mention quantity.
- After frying 30-50 seconds, add water to make gravy. let the water boiled.
- In this meantime make a mixture of water and cornflour in a small bowl.
- When you notice the water just starts boiling, add a tbsp of mixture and stir gently. After that add 1 tbsp of mixture again and stir gently. Continue this process until the gravy becomes thicker.
- Thereafter add all the required spices like salt, sugar and black pepper powder. Also, add a tbsp of vinegar.
- Now add all the fried Manchurian balls into the gravy. Cook for a minute and turn off the gas.
- Your Restaurant style Vegetable Manchurian or Cabbage Manchurian is ready to serve.
- Spring onions are also an important part of this recipe. However, I didn’t mention it in my recipe because personally I don’t like it. For garnish, you can use this sliced spring onion in this recipe or add it when adding fried balls to the gravy.
- Ajinomoto or MSG is also used widely in this recipe. That increased the taste of it and helps to keep this fresh for a long time. But I do not recommend this MSG because it has lots of side effects and can be caused you health problems.
I found this video that may help you like video guidance for this recipe. Please check it…
- There are many types of canned Manchurian sauce available in the market. You can also use it in this recipe but personally I do not recommend it.
- You can also add spring onions at the time of garnishing. It looks beautiful.
If your like this recipe keep share with all and want more recipes like this to subscribe to my blog and hit the notification so that all upcoming recipes you will get first while published.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!