Virgin mojito, just hearing the name increases the attraction towards it. It is a mojito that children and adults alike can eat in the hot summer. This alcohol-free mojito made with lemon and mint is a favorite drink of all. Also, this is my favorite summer drink that I love very much.
It can be a perfect refreshing drink for any summer days. The freshness of lemon and mint can take you out of any fatigue and help to refresh the mind. Since no alcohol is used in this mojito, you can give it to your kids effortlessly and they says just ‘wow’ after taste it. In a word, this virgin mojito is a perfect family drink for all.
In the meantime, I’ve published an article about the Mojito pitcher recipe. After that, I realized to write a new one about the non-alcoholic Mojito because I need something to drink with my family this summer. This virgin mojito is very famous all over the world. So let’s find out more about this Mojito.
What Ingredients Are in a Virgin Mojito Recipe?
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Simple Syrup or Honey Syrup
- Sparkling Water or Carbonate Water
What is Sparkling Water or Carbonate Water?
Carbonated water is water that mixes with carbon dioxide gas under pressure. In addition carbonated water usually contains salt to improve their taste. Sometimes other minerals are included in small amounts. It’s also known as soda water, fizzy water, seltzer water, etc.
How to make Simple Honey Syrup?
It is a very popular syrup made with honey. It is naturally used for cocktails, mocktails, lemonade, etc. If you know how to make sugar syrup, you can easily prepare it during the party. Once you use it as an alternative to refined sugar syrup, you will fall in love with it.
Just take honey and water in a pan and cook them until the honey was completely dissolved in water. That’s it, your honey syrup is ready. After that, you can store it in the fridge.
How to Make a Virgin Mojito?
- At first place the crushed mint leaves and lime juice in a glass. Using a mojito muddler, mash them to release the flavor.
- Add the honey syrup as per quantity.
- Also, add sparkling water along with ice cubes.
- Thereafter garnish with lime slices.
As an added tip, if you add 2 oz of white rum to it, it will become a wonderful mojito mocktail. (Not recommended if this drink is for kids)
Variations on this Virgin Mojito Recipe:
Frozen blackberries, grapefruit, raspberries, strawberries can also use in the virgin mojito. All processes are the same except this.
Virgin Mojito Recipe Step by Step
First of all, take a tall glass. Now add 10 to 12 fresh mint leaves in it.
Take a lemon and cut it and add a few pieces to the glass.
Mash them with a muddler so that the lemon and mint leaves to release their flavor. [Instead of a muddler you can use a wooden spoon if you want. ]
Then add 1 or 2 teaspoons (30 ml) of simple honey syrup. [If you don’t have homemade syrup, you can use plain sugar instead. But if you use plain sugar, I would recommend using it in powder. ]
Now fill more than half of the glass with ice cubes.
Finally, fill the glass full of sparkling water or club soda. Your virgin mojito is ready to serve.
- You can use readymade lemon-lime in this mojito.
- Ginger ale is also an optional ingredient in this recipe. It’s very much popular in Canada. Sometimes I added 2 tbsp of ginger ale in this mojito.
- You can also add sprite instead of Sparkling water or soda.
Some popular Virgin Mojito drinks:
- Virgin Raspberry Mojito Recipe
- Virgin Strawberry Mojito Recipe
- Mojito Pitcher Recipes
- Virgin Mojito Mocktail Recipe
Watch this video that is too cool for your guide.
Virgin Mojito Recipe | Mojito Mocktail [Non-Alcoholic]
- 140 ml Sparkling Water
- 20 ml Sugar Syrup
- 10 pieces Mint Leaves
- 4-5 pieces Lemon Wedges
- ½ cup Ice Cubes or barf
- At first, take a tall glass. Add 10-12 mint leaves along with 4-5 wedges of lemon.
- Mash them a little using a muddler. [Don't over mash them, because that makes your mojito bitter.]
- Add 1/2 cup of ice cubes and mix them well with a spoon.
- Then fill the glass with sparkling water.
- At last, garnish the virgin mojito with a lemon slice like the picture I have given above.
Some Drinks for Summer:
If you like this recipe, please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Alo, you can subscribe to my blog to get all the latest articles first on your mobile.
SHARING IS CARING!
Did you like this recipe and make it later at home? SAVE this pin to your favorite board on Pinterest!